Saturday, June 03, 2006

Barkerisms: Oh what a night! edition

Here's week #3 of the late Barkerisms - and the ones from a week I'll never forget... Well, more like a night I'll never forget! Quite frankly, I'm still somewhat in shock at seeing both Bob Barker AND the Material Girl within a little over six months. How do you top that?!

Well, I can't do that here, but I'll at least give you something to laugh at!

"I'm afraid to ask her where she put that. I was looking over here and you all acted in such a way that I think I know where it is!" - Bob, after Ida took her $500 bonus and stuffed it in her bra

"I'm going to suggest our contestants take their shoes off to play these games!" - Bob, after Darren removed his shoes before playing Eazy Az 1-2-3 - and won (gee, so you suggest I take these off?)

"That little please at the end helped!" - Bob, after Evan asked if he had at least two numbers right in One Away

"You should never wear shoes again!" - Bob, after Darren won his showcase - with his shoes off once again!

"And now that you're thoroughly confused, step over here and flip, or flop, or flip flop!" - Bob, after explaining the rules to Flip Flop

"Now, Dean, we have been doing this show for... Well, we're wrapping up our 34th year. And you're only the second contestant to run the wrong way!" - Bob, after Dean had no idea where to go after being called on down

"Get anything besides 60 cents, please!" - Bob, to Bettysue, after she tied Albertsain twice already in the Showcase Showdown

"Now, Brandon, I want to help you out a little bit here. It is not necessary, because this is a race against time. You don't need to say Bob everytime! I appreciate that. In the Air Force, he has learned to say 'Forty four, sir!', 'Thirty three, sir!' And instead of sir now it's Bob, Bob, Bob! And it's costing him time. It's probably cost him four seconds!" - Bob, after Brandon concluded every guess with "Bob" while playing Clock Game

"Depends on how well you know the people, I guess!" - Bob, after he and Lana tried to figure out how many people could fit into the hot tub she was playing for

"Let's see.. That 9... 12... Well, it's a lot of money!" - Bob, thinking twice about wanting to add up the total of the four prizes being offered in Race Game

"They're on their feet applauding you! I should have you here more often!" - Bob, in response to Mareia's standing ovation

"Get back over here. I have an eager one here, don't I?" - Bob, after Kristen tried to start playing Bonkers before Bob told her to go

But this week's Barkerism Of The Week should finally show people that if you don't get picked, don't blame Bob!

"Rich, just before we went back on the air, I heard a little voice up here say 'Call my name, Bob!' I don't call the names around here. I can't help you! I can't help you!" - Bob, after Marie pleaded with him to pick her

And yet more to come in the next few days!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She stuffed it in her bra? I thought that only happened in movies, where the chick has a cleavage to die for.

Two contestants in 34 years... that is something to be proud of.

Marie wanted to win lotsa prizes, eh?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Well, you wouldn't have enjoyed it too much: Ida was an older woman, and I doubt she provoked any impure thoughts by using her bra as a wallet...

I don't know if she had pockets. She was wearing a longer shirt, so I couldn't tell. But, either she had no pockets, or wanted to get a reaction out of everyone...

I know we had a contestant earlier this year who started running the wrong way when called, so there's already been two this season... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there have been more than two in 34 years.

I have no idea what Marie wanted, besides wanting to be picked.. She wasn't.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home