Saturday, May 27, 2006

Barkerisms - Still catching up edition

Here's the second of four weeks to catch up on... I'm getting there, and should be caught up by the weekend... Enjoy!

"Will you hold that for me? Hold it near me. I like to have it near me so if I miss the putt, I can make an excuse immediately!"... Of course, who needs excuses when you've now hit FOUR straight putts, Bob?

"Now, we don't want you to get the impression we don't spend millions on props for this show!" - Bob, after one of the slots on Switcheroo broke while it was played

"Incidentally, the mop works, but you see, the bottom had fallen out of that..." - Bob, after Blake won the mop (which was the slot that broke on Switcheroo)

Bob: "Ronald, I assume since it was your idea to come to the show, that if you win, you'll be in control of that $10,000?"
Ronald: "Not quite..."
Bob: "Well, I was trying to work it out for you!"
- Bob, trying his hand at being a financial advisor

"And afer 28 years with Phyllis, he knows she's going to help spend the $10,000!" - Bob, knowing how well wives can spend money

"Now John, he's worried. He says 'I already invited my brother to be best man, and I'm afraid he's going to be mad, blah blah blah...' Don't try to kiss it up with your brother. It's too late for that!" - Bob, on John's "I want Bob to be my best man!" T-Shirt

Bob: "That's fine. If he gets a green section in a bonus spin, we'll give him $5! Now, Jody, what do you get if you get a green section in a bonus spin?"
Jody: "$5,000."
Bob: "That's right. We'll give you $5,000! Now, William, get over there and try to win $5!"
- Bob, teasing William after he thought you only get $5 in your bonus spin for hitting a green section

"I can tell by the looks on their faces that they have no idea what group they are with?" - Bob, on Marcia's group

"I believe it's normal. She's alright!" - Bob, on Marcia's confusion

"Now, when you put your arm around me, you showed me you are surprisingly strong. Now, before I show you your prize, promise you will not do me bodily harm! You stand right here, and I step back. Maybe a bit further back.. Right about here.." - Bob, clearly scared of Linda

"I have been told on The Price Is Right that the $1 bid is mean... But the $2 bid is the meanest!". Actually, bidding $1 when you're not the last bidder is just plain dumb, and asking for someone to bid $2!

"He bid as if he was buying that, didn't he?" - Bob, on Nathan's slow, hesitant bid of $672

"You know, this woman is making this a very difficult game. It's so simple!" - Bob, after Jann couldn't make up her mind playing Barker's Markers

"How did we get you up on stage when you don't have it on your shirt?" - Bob, referring to Jann's shirt, which said Bakersfield, when the rest of her group had Barkersfield on their shirts

Thanks for more amusement, Bob... But this week, we have two Barkerisms Of The Week - as these are just too good to choose one over the over!

Bob: "Anthony, what do you bid? What do you bid?!"
Anthony: "What is the highest bid? Sorry, Bob."
Bob: "Can you understand why I drink at night?! Can you imagine going through this day after day?! One Anthony after another!"
- Bob, frustrated that Anthony wasn't paying any attention at all

"I've been offered an oppotunity to be Prime Minister of Canada. We have a group of Canadians here who have invited me to come with them. I try to be humble, but I've decided to accept their offer! I'll go! And whatever problems you have up there, I promise to make them worse!" - Bob, admitting he's no politician

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Women are good at spending money, generally speaking.

Bob as Best Man? He'd be a very funny speaker!

How can he justify that the $1 bid is mean?

Well, he's not a politician. He's honest, for the first matter. :-D

5:26 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Very true... Me with money could be dangerous, especially if I think my boot collection needs more company...

Bob would be an awesome best man...

I don't know if I'd call the $1 bid mean.. I mean, what else should a contestant do if they think everyone else is over?

True, he's no politician, but he'd do a better job than Bush. :/

5:27 AM  
Blogger Rob T said...

$2 bid~~~~~

Tremendous.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

They do crack me up - and partially because bidding $1 when you're not last is just poor strategy...

Besides, they're far more funny than bidding $69, or $420. :P

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home